If you have an electric water heater, you will face high electricity bills.
You can see 27.6% electricity used for heating water. You can save electricity if you replace an electric water heater with a solar water heater.
Why Choose a Solar Water Heater instead of an Electric Water Heater ?
The best upgrade option for you is to save money and electric energy by replacing it with a solar heater that works excellently and is a cost-effective option for everyone. A vacuum tube solar system can consume maximum heat and convert it into heat that can be absorbed in copper pipes and heat the water circulating pipes lines.
Don’t waste time; go and buy one heat pipe solar heater. It will combine with the heat in the ambient air and reduce the 27.6% electricity you need to use by about 70%. If you put a good vacuum tube solar heater, it comes at $1000-$2000.
Whether any of these options make financial sense to you, if there is anything at all that you want to know about solar hot water, but this cost-effective system maintains your lifestyle and makes life more accessible, and reduces expenses.
The warm climate and sunniest countries should benefit from this amazing technology, rather than costly electricity or gas water heaters. Many people only know about solar power. They don’t think about solar water heating systems. This is an easy and most beneficial way to use the sun for its energy.
Solar Hot Water vs. Solar Photovoltaic
The solar hot water system is a straightforward and efficient method to get solar energy and produce hot water for household use. Solar heating system worked with vacuum tubes. The inner vacuum tube is coated with black paint that helps to absorb maximum radiation from the sun. This vacuum tube solar heater is usually installed on the roof. After trapping the sun’s heat and transferring it to the fluid circulating inside. The water on the upper side of the vacuum tube becomes hot and thus lighter, so it starts moving upwards in the and stored in an insulated tank for additional use.
On the other hand, if we talk about the solar photovoltaic process, it’s another way to consume solar energy to save electricity and money. However, solar power systems can also use photovoltaic cells. These photovoltaic cells convert into electricity, and this way, you can store electricity in a battery for later use and can be used in the home.
Which Solar System Is Best For Hot Water?
Now, if you plan to buy a solar water heater system for your home and want to benefit from living in a warm climate where the seasons have changed after a few months.
You may see huge varieties of solar water heaters in the market nowadays because they have become popular and more demanding in Austria, America, and other countries.
We suggest we should consider both solar power and solar water heaters. But if you can only choose one unit, it will be good if you start with solar hot water. Here’s why:
Reasons Why a Solar Water Heater is a Right Choice for You?
- The first and main advantage of adding a water heater in your lifestyle is that this is a great energy-saving option as we mentioned above, 27.6% electricity will be saved and money too.
- It’s also an efficient offer and gives you a chance to consume maximum power through the solar energy system.
- After its efficiency, solar hot water takes less space and can be installed on the roof in a limited space. If you don’t have extra space for solar power, you can easily set it on the roof, and this is the best and perfect space for a solar collector.
- Next, you can get enormous benefits from a Solar heater day and night. It’s a reliable solar energy device that can save energy and be consumed for future use on-demand.
- The great thing about solar energy is that you can also add solar power systems. And can easily store power in battery storage at any time to cut your energy bills and emissions even more.
- A more reliable and cost-effective choice for everyone who can’t afford electricity bills and using this proven technology will be the right choice for you.
Does a Solar Water Heater Require a Tank For Storage?
Some water heaters require a tank for hot water storage, but some solar heaters do not require additional storage space. They come with split systems that combine stylish collector panels with a ground-mounted tank for less visual impact.
Does a Solar Water Heater Work When it’s Cloudy?
Yes, a solar water heater will deliver hot water on cloudy and wet days. The sun’s brightness and sunlight can absorb light, and the healing process begins and still provides hot water instantly. But unfortunately, for the long-term cloudy days, it will reduce efficiency.
Actually, a solar water heater comes with a backup plan that will be helpful when the sun doesn’t provide enough lights and system Reduce efficiency. Then a backup system helps out, and you can use electric or gas functionality, so you can easily enjoy hot water at a comfortable temperature.
What Installation and Maintenance Cost of a Solar Water Heater?
The initial cost of a solar water heater is high. Still, it is a one-time investment, and you can enjoy it for about the last 20 years—the installation and maintenance of water heater demand on size model functionality. The range of installation and maintenance is between $800-$1000.
What is the Efficiency of a Solar Water Heater?
Generally, a solar water heater can produce between 40-70% of the hot water. But it depends on climates and if the environment is normal. It can work perfectly for an average of 4-5 family members. It also depends on the point of use of the hot water system. How many factors are connected to hot water?
How Much Does a Solar Water Heater Lifespan?
A solar water heater is a highly durable and robust structure heating system. Its average life expectancy is 10-15 years. A good environment and well maintenance can increase the longevity of a solar water heater that is about 20 years.
How Do Solar Water Heaters Work?
Solar water heating is a system that works through sun radiations that directly reach the heat pipe solar collector and heat the water that gets pumped into your home. According to the climates for different areas, we introduced two main types of solar water heater: active and passive.
Active systems can circulate water into pipes using pumps. Passive systems offer to store hot water into tanks for later use. We will discuss it briefly in another article.
- It provides hot water without a carbon footprint, and you will get clean water anywhere.
- A solar water heater is an excellent choice, especially for those who live in the warm. Areas where the sunlight is high. In that situation, a solar heater’s work efficiency can consume up to 80% solar energy that converts into heat energy.
- Solar water only requests initial investment, and after installation, you will enjoy hot water without paying any bills.
- It does not require proper maintenance. A vacuum tube solar system needs to be maintained every 3-4 years.
- It is also helpful to save up to 20% power.
- Easy to install
- The best alternative to a water heater is to use the sun rather than buying fossil fuels like gas or oil.
- Easy to clean
- It can perform quietly without any noise.
- A solar heater requires a little high cost for installation at the initial.
- It will perform excellent if the climate is sunny; otherwise, it is not much effective for minus degree temperatures.